Sunday 22 April 2012

Wibbly Wobbly.

On Friday during a lecture we were asked to suggest ways of shortening the assembly time of any given thing.

I wrote on my notepad...
"Assemble whilst travelling near to the speed of light so that time stretches. It wont mean that you make it quicker but it will mean that the time taken will be shorter relative to everything else".

Right, now I realise I got that the wrong way round. The time taken to assemble the thing would be longer relative to everything else. So you would have make everyone else travel near to the speed of light while you assemble the thing, and I'm just not sure it's worth the effort.

My excuses for getting it wrong are
  • I was really tired that morning 
  • I am not an expert
I could still be wrong, I'm not sure.

Of course, to actually travel at the speed of light you would have be completely massless and that could make assembling the thing more difficult.

Maybe I'm over thinking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment